Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mower question

Posted by bomar999 NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 21:44

Was looking at some new honda mowers the other day.HRR and HRX. Saw them at the local dealer and then at home depot. They have a different model #( no K2 or K5) and are cheaper at the home depot. Called honda and they said they don't make any mowers differently. I would still purchase it from my local dealer anyway, but does anyone know if there is any real difference? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mower question

I'm more familiar with Toro owers, so I'll use them as an example. The Toro mowers sold at HD are priced lower because many of the non-engine components are not quite as robust as those found on mowers sold at the dealer. Additionally, the HD mowers do not bag and mulch quite as well. The HD mowers certainly do the job and are priced well. In other words you get what you pay for no matter what the Honda help line rep said.

Someone on thus forum may be familiar with the specific mowers your were looking at. Otherwise, you might ask your local dealer. Preface your question with a statement like I'm looking for a mower that will last a long time.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 16, 10 at 11:24

My Toro dealer says the bottom two lines are carried at HD and they are exactly the same as the bottom two lines at the dealer. My dealer refuses to carry the worst of the two. They are also the exact same price.

He threw me a number such as $7 being the warranty reimbursement for those two bottom lines. Whatever the number was, it wasn't worth his time and he refuses to carry the lowest quality, nor will he do warranty work on anything from HD.

o

Ask about the new 5 year warranty that is effective for HRX models sold after 1 Jan 2010.

This was reported by Power Equipment Trade magazine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here