Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
riding lawnmower, sears craftsman

Posted by jgoerig ar (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 22:01

It started out as I had issues with my steering on my lawnmower. I recently replace my steering shaft on my sears craftsman automatic transmission riding lawn mower. (its an electric start.) After fixing my steering shaft, I notice my forward pedal gets stuck while pressing it down. When I put it in reverse, its hard to press the pedal down. I had the lawn mower sitting on its side. I don't know if that had something to do with it. Before I work on the lawn mower, I never had any issues with them until after I fix the steering shaft. Can anyone help??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: riding lawnmower, sears craftsman

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 6:28

I believe you are talking about tie rods, which are horizontal and move the wheels left or right. If so, did you put them in the correct position? If not, it might be that a tie rod is coming in contact with part of the speed pedal assembly and if so, you should be able to see that happening from underneath.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here