Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere, Toro, Husqvarna, or Craftsman?

Posted by TractorStudent NY (yoursocalledmusicscene@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 22:31

Hi all,

I'm a student in NYC and am attempting to learn about and do a report on riding lawn mowers. I GREATLY appreciate any feedback you can give me from your own personal experiences and opinions on these brands.

John Deere was one of the Top 100 Brands of 2013. Why?

My goal is to figure out John Deere's competitive advantage over their competitors, which I am focusing on: Toro, Husqvarna, and Craftsman.

What have been your experiences with John Deere riding mowers? What did you love about it? Anything you haven't seen in another brand before?

Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere, Toro, Husqvarna, or Craftsman?

John Deere is always one of the top brands mainly due to name recognition and mass marketing. Their residential mower line is on par with others not better. The average Joe who shops at Lowes looking for a new mower is usually going to spend a few bucks more for the Deere over a husqvarna due to the name recognition. That and green and yellow makes a looking nice mower.

o
RE: John Deere, Toro, Husqvarna, or Craftsman?

John Deere is always one of the top brands mainly due to name recognition and mass marketing. Their residential mower line is on par with others not better. The average Joe who shops at Lowes looking for a new mower is usually going to spend a few bucks more for the Deere over a husqvarna due to the name recognition. That and green and yellow makes a looking nice mower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here