Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unable to find parts list for Craftsman 917.380740 mower (carb)

Posted by chuck67 DE (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 23:22

Hi,

I can't find a complete parts list for craftsman mower 917.380740. I specifically need the part number for a carburetor (mine is completely corroded). The Sears website doesn't give this part number. The part number stamped on the carb itself is 1050K2Y, but that doesn't seem to be the correct part number. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Chuck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unable to find parts list for Craftsman 917.380740 mower (car

Their IPL doesn't show the complete engine #. You should have a tag on the engine 143.XXXXXX www.searspartsdirect.com When you put the engine # into the look-up, find the carb assy ref# ~380 . You can also put that # into look-up if you don't need an assy, but sounds like you do. Hopefully it is available as Tecumseh carbs are becoming scarce. Oregon Outdoor Equipment parts has some of them that they market as replacements.http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/pro_home.htm

o

Maybe? Looks like a TVS type engine from the line drawing. Hopefully you can achieve look-up. Yes, they cost that much...

http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1265

o

Thanks to you both. I was able to see the engine number in the daylight. 143.434022. I also found and ordered my carb.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here