Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting mulch deck to a recycler deck

Posted by ra55 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 0:30

Hi,
I have a 72in toro mower with a mulching deck. Does anyone know how to or has converted their deck from a mulching deck to a recycler?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting mulch deck to a recycler deck

I'm thinking a mulching mower IS a 'recycler'. 'Recycler' is a trademark of Toro where they use plastic airflow 'disruptors' in the top of the deck over the blade path to force the clippings to be re-cut. Other designs manage to achieve good mulching without them.

o
RE: Converting mulch deck to a recycler deck

ra55, I'm confused about what you mean. Mulching is a form of recycling, as the clippings are chopped up very fine so that they settle down to dirt level and become mulch and fertilizer. By "recycler," are you wanting to bag the clippings, for adding to a compost pile? If so, you will need to purchase a bagging attachment that is made specifically for your machine (usually in the $300+ range), or a pull-behind sweeper $200-$300), or a pull-behind powered vacuum unit (fairly big $$$.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here