Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
deere died, won't turn over

Posted by Keith16106 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 0:37

L108 was mowing and it just died and wouldn't turn over again. No click on solenoid. Oil, gas and battery fine. Jump to solenoid and started will sometimes get it to turn over but no start. Other times jumping doesn't work. Tried new ignition and solenoid, neither worked. Where do I look from here, didn't see anything similar on other threads.. Thanks. Keith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: deere died, won't turn over

No click typically means a blown fuse.
Next question- if fuse is blown, why?

o

Thanks, I only saw one 20A plastic 2 prong one by the solenoid and it's looks and tested fine. Is there another I'm missing? Will try to get the schematic today

o

First thing I would check would be ground connections at the frame and on the pos side. Second thing If Briggs might take the valve cover off see if the rockers, push rods are not loose of fell off. remove the spark plugs in you can get it to crank and watch the valves? If all good then I would think wiring Unless you see chafed wire grounding out?

o

Clean the battery connections and look real close at the + cable from the battery to the solenoid. They sometimes break through on these. From there it is checking terminals at the barrel connector off that same cable, rear of the ignition switch . On the solenoid 1 small wire should have 12+VDC when the key is turned and the other will be grounded when the PTO and brake switches are in start position.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here