Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LawnBoy 10323 ignition module replaced.

Posted by rollerzeke z6 OK (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 07 at 2:21

Hello all.

I just replaced the faulty CD ignition module on my LawnBoy 10323 today and she is again running like a champ.
I have owned the 10323 for three years and this CD ignition module failure has been the only trouble encountered.
The failed ignition module is LawnBoy part#99-2911 and it has PVL Germany make stamped on the unit.
(Probosch-Vogt-Loos) GmbH of Germany.
The replacement ignition module is Toro part#99-2916 and the package is labeled (Made in France).
I AM NOT here trying to put down the quality of any electronic products made in Germany or France.
I'm just happy with keeping my mowers operational.
My question is, are there any Toro/LawnBoy mowers being made in Germany or France?

Good day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LawnBoy 10323 ignition module replaced.

toro got the orig cd pac from germany but due to a high failure rate switched supplires to france. the bad news is -they dont seem to last any longer and continue to have a high failure rate

o

Failing CDI Units have plagued Lawn Boy since they starter using them. Some here have said you can sometimes "bring them back" by heating them. Some use a torch heating the laminations until the Epoxy in which they are embedded start to melt, others have heated them in ovens. You might try this with your old one. I plan to try it as soon as No. 1 son brings a DuraForce back from storage at his house.

Walt Conner

o

Hello all.

Thanks for the info. You guys are the best.
Thanks again.

Good day.

o

I baked one at 200 degrees for 20 min and it did bring it back but by the time I got it back to the owner it was dead again.

o

Baking did nothing for my unit. I found one in Canada for $26.95 and FREE SHIPPING on Ebay. I called a local dealer and found it for $59.95. He said they are raising price to try to phase out the older mowers. As a comparison he said there is some kind of Honda transmission that was $110 two years that is now $480.00!! Ebay seller's ID where I got mine is Member id rocketcaptain186. Good idea to buy a spare, as they may not be available in 5 years. My mower is only 10 years old and this is the 2nd time I've had to replace it. First Lawn Boy I ever had was handed down to me by my mother 40 years ago and it was 20 years old then. I lasted another 10 or 12 years after that. They had the more reliable points and condenser then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here