Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beeradgee

which one should I purchase

BeeRadGee
11 years ago

What would be the best choice between these 3 ZTR mowers and the deck size any thoughts?

This mower will be used for personal and lawncare use with average of about 8-10 acres a day.

The dealership im looking at sells these 3 brands and of these 3 ive chosen these 3 models

Kubota ZD331P with 52"Pro 60"Pro or 72"Pro

Bad Boy BB6000 Gas pup with 60" stamped

New Holland Gas MZ19H With 52" or 60" stamped

Comments (10)

• earthworm
    11 years ago

If possible buy one with a Diesel engine.....gotta love the Diesel, in any vehicle.
    Stamped or fabricated deck - I do not see that much difference - IMO.

• wayne440
    11 years ago

Those mowers are not in the same league with each other. The NH weighs half what the others do, and is a 7mph machine, you will need two to keep up with either of the others.

The BB 6000 is a much heavier, faster and more powerful machine. Ditto the Kubota compared to the BB6000.

The Kubota with 60 inch deck would be my choice, if I had plenty of money.

• BeeRadGee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think thats what ill wind up doin. The dealership has demos I can take home for a week at a time. Everyone around my neighborhood is saying kubota. Even tho it is heavier than the other 2 it is a diesel. Im not worried about it sinking in yards not very many of the properties I manage has soft ground. Plus with the Kubota I will get a free dump from the seat bagger and a light kit installed on the rops for about 17Gs financed with no APR%. But the only draw back is that the kubota is twice the price than the other 2. But hey what do you expect its a beast. The dealership says they sell more than 20 times more Kubotas than they do any other tractor for wat I need it for.

• wayne440
    11 years ago

I advise you to rethink the "free" aspect of that transaction, and the "no" APR. You are buying a machine with lights and a bagger, the price is the same whether or not they itemize it on the bill. And you may get "no" APR, but will undoubtedly pay more than the cash price.

The above is not a put down of the mower, just my take on the marketing tactics they use. I have owned a Kubota and it was well made and performed to my expectations.

• BeeRadGee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah he says the bagger and lights are "free" but what I thot was weird is that it is only 14Gs without the bagger and lights. He said I have to pay the tax on the two plus installation. Which I can install the stuff myself. I talked to the boss and he said that the entire package will be just over 17Gs after taxes. So im not real sure on the price. He said if I was paying for them it would be over 20Gs. Its some spring special they doin for the next 2 weeks.

• wayne440
    11 years ago

If the price is higher for "cash", you are not getting the whole story. There is a good chance that that you could pull up with your truck, trailer and 15K in Ben Franklins and end up with the mower, bagger, and lights on your trailer.

• BonsaiLandscapeInc
    11 years ago

There are a lot of factors involved such as accessibility of desired turf area to mow and the how wet or dry the soil stays (weight of mower being a factor). A diesel engine is always a better purchase in the sense of reliability. Horsepower and blade tip speed are other factors. Does your dealer carry replacement filters, belts, spindles, etc or do they have to order them. Our company has always been partial to Exmark mowers but all of our skid steer machines have been New Holland. New Holland is a reputable company and makes a quality machine. Will this machine be an owner operator mower or will a crew be using this machine? Just some thoughts.

• BeeRadGee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I purchased the Kubota ZD331P with the 60" Pro deck. I wound up getting the light kit and the 12 bushell dump from the seat bagger free. Well he says free if I pay it off within 5 years which wont be a problem. I gave them half down which surprized the salesman. I like it so far I wound up having to buy a duel axle trailer with the deal it is a very heavy mower at just over 2100lbs (this thing weighs more than my wifes car) full of diesel and the bagger onboard. (Went thru a weighstation). The trailer I had was only rated for 1600lbs and was only single axle. I needed a new one anyway. They let me take a Badboy mower as well to demo for a month but I.m.o I dont like the open engine design plus it rides a little on the rough side. I may keep it for my own yard the wife likes it says the kubota is just 2 big for her taste. It should do allrite for my 3 acre property. The kubota will only be operated by me. My partner has a scag standbehind that is used for backyards while I do the front. Considering my mower will not fit thru most gates.

• jimkw
    11 years ago

When I got my Bad Boy I went and looked at several other brands. I went to the Kubota dealer and there were a bunch of people that worked there standing around and nobody as much as talked to me.

I was sitting on the ZTR's and examing each one of them outside on the lot and never got waited on. Finally said screw it and went back to the Bad Boy/Exmark/Cub Cadet/John Deere dealer and bought the Bad Boy CZT.

For the price it was by far the best deal.

• BeeRadGee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah I had that same experience with the scag, cub, exmark J.D. dealership. They all acted annoyed when I came in and asked a few simple questions after spending several minutes checking out some of there equipment. And on top of that it was hard to make out the salesmen they were all wearing street clothes. I prefer scag for my smaller mower for those gated properties. They wouldnt even let me drive one. So thats a big red flag I.M.O. My partner deals with them but I wont anymore. This dealership were I got my kubota they greeted me before I even got out the truck.