Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air filter chokes out carb

Posted by craig-2010 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 9:23

i have a craftsman eager1 6.5hp mower,when i put new air filter on it slowly chokes out the motor and stops.with air filter off it runs great.i completely cleaned the carb and put back on,it did the same thing,so i bought a new carb(oregon),installed it,it did the same!i dont know what else to do!any help would be great!!! thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air filter chokes out carb

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 9:36

Are you using an original equipment filter? Often, cheap aftermarket filters don't do the job.

o

yes the filter is oem tecumseh

o

And, if you soaked the filter with oil--it won't let any air thru it. And, if you tilted the mower on its side, with the carburetor and air filter on the "down" side, you probably now have an oil soaked air filter!

o

the filter is dry as a bone,when you put anything close to the inlet at the carb,it trys to choke it out.i was told from a local small engine repair shop that the the valves may need to adjusted,what do you guys think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here