Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bestf100

Cheap Mobil 1 MX2T

bestf100
17 years ago

There is an Exxonmobil distributor in Paramount, CA called Jankovich Co (800 650-0200 ask for Dave Gabler), selling Mobil 1 MX2T for $18.39/case of 12 pints plus shipping. Regular price is around $45. He has an inventory of 62 cases, yes 62 (before I got my 2 cases). FedEX ground shipping in my case cost me about $12/case to Michigan. Just the ticket for my 2 cycle Snapper snowblower, Lawn Boy 10552 mower and 2 cycle Toro mower.

He also has 6 cases of the hard to find, discontinued Mobil 1Racing 0W30 for $35 something for a case of 6 quarts. I have about 30 quarts that I already had from a local Auto parts store clearance for $2 / qt. In my opinion, it is the best oil you could buy for a hot running 4 cycle engine. I have used it in various hot running air cooled generators, Cushman meter maid truckster vehicles, Gravely mowers etc. and it is the real deal.

The story here is that this distributor ordered all this 2 cycle oil before 2 cycle engines became banned in California and it has just sitting, collecting dust, awaiting a new home.

So to all you other 2 strokers, you snooze......

Comments (11)

• canguy
    17 years ago

Are 2 strokes banned from use in CA or just banned from sale? We cannot get new 2 stroke wheeled equipment such as lawnmowers here but there are still lots in use.
    That 0W30 racing oil is not the best choice for air cooled engines. I have used it in extreme cold conditions so the generator or tractor would start but it does not provide the best protection for general use. Race engines are not built or long life.

• bestf100
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I believe they were banned in California first. (Someone correct me if I am wrong here). In any event, they have not met the US EPA regulations since 2004 for sale.

As far as the 0W30, it is functionally INDENTICAL to a 10W30 synthetic at operating temperatures (it is, afterall, a 30wt oil). You get the added benefit of extreme low temperature capabilities and was "beefed up" considerably compared to the normal, over the counter passenger car oils. Many people get confused by the "0" designation. Mobil 1Racing 0W30 was orginally designed for use in both NASCAR and IndyCar usage. More heat, engine stress and $$$'s in those boys motors, that what you or I have, in our farm engines, don't you think? I have been using it for about 3 years. It orginally cost about $9 - $10/qt. Think overkill. Mobil 1 has a toll free number. Ask them about that product. Ask me the same question about engine life in another 10 years.

• lawnmowerdan
    17 years ago

do they arrange the shipping? if so i will call and get a few cases . nothing beats this stuff! its simpily amazing

• bestf100
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No. Arrange your own shipping. In my case, I found FedEX ground shipping to be $11/case to Michigan. Still a great deal. If I lived in California near him, I would consider buying his 62 cases at his asking price and selling it on eBay for a profit!

• hippy
    17 years ago

Mobil stopped making Mobil 1 MX2T oil.

It is now Mobil 1 Racing 2T and is only sold in quarts.

• lawnmowerdan
    17 years ago

the problem is where is it sold -no where that i can find!

• hsur
    17 years ago

Lawnmowerdan

If you have Advance Auto Stores in your area they usually have it. Some stores in our area stock a couple of quarts of the new version with red dye called Racing 2 T. The stores that do not stock it will order it for you. IIRC it is around 7 $ per quart. The older version without the red dye was MX2T which was sold in pint containers. The deal Best is showing seems pretty good even after shipping is less then I pay.

• adkinsca
    17 years ago

O'Reilly auto parts carries Mobil 1 Racing 2T.

It seems like it was about $8 a quart there the last I bought.

• lawnmowerdan
    17 years ago

well they used to sell it here at advanced but no more! if i ask for it -they look at me like i am from mars. i bought out the remaing stock in my whole city! i figure i have a bout 1 years worth but want more! great stuff!(will ask if they can order it)

• svcmgr
    17 years ago

bestf100:

Did Jancovich provide the weight and case dimensions, so you could estimate the FedEx shipping costs? If you have the weight and dimensions, please post.

Thanks.

• bestf100
    Original Author
    17 years ago

svcmgr:

Jankovich says the shipping weight is 13 pounds. I don't have have one in front of me now for the dimensions. FedEx Ground beats UPS, DHL and US Postal for shipping to Michigan when I called them all. I estimated 12X9X9.