Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avphile

Hanging string trimmer

avphile
14 years ago

Hi All,

I have spent to much time searching this forum and the internet for the best way to vertically hang (2) straight shaft trimmers on my garage wall. Gemplers had a bracket available but thought there would be more than one option available to do this. Just wanted to hear how everyone else handles this.

Thanks!

Andrew

Comments (8)

• stinkytiger
    14 years ago

Hi,

I use a Rubbermaid product called Fast Track. It has a bracket that hooks up a petrol weed / grass trimmer. I have a Honda HST31 trimmer on the wall like that.

Takes a bit of drilling and hacking. On average a 5 foot piece of Fast Track takes about an hour to put up. Nice thing is one up you can sort of swap stuff around as the need arises. The brackets are sort of pricy though at about $US 10 a pop.

This is available at Home Depot.

Best, Mike.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rubber Maid Fast Track

• lniel
    14 years ago

I hang the string trimmer from the garage ceiling,using one $2.00 bike hook and then hang the trimmer UNBALANCED so that the weight of the motor forces the trimmer head to stay to the ceiling, sort of a teeter totter effect. been doing for years. frees up wall space for other stuff.Plus its hanging the same way its being used.

• feltpelter
    13 years ago

I found the perfect solution after a lot of head-scratching. I stumbled upon a bin of ClosetMaid Outdoor Power Equipment Hang-Ups (part #(9)3559, UPC: 075381935593) in the trimmer isle at Lowe's. It fits my Husqvarna 2-stroke trimmer perfectly. It may be a closeout version, as the one I see on Lowe's website (http://www.lowes.com/pd_116146-76182-93559_0?productId=3167555&Ntt=closetmaid&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0_s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=30$No=120$Ntt=closetmaid$identifier=) doesn't have the nylon/neoprene coating on the resting portion. If you can't find that, Gladiator seems to make several good hooks to use with their proprietary system, or just to screw-mount directly.

Here is a link that might be useful: ClosetMaid Outdoor Power Equip Hang-Up Item #: 116146 : Model #: 93559

• theyardbird
    13 years ago

I've been looking for various options for storing my gas trimmer, stick edger, and blower (all 2 stroke) between uses. I like the idea of the fast track. It has tons of options for the power equipment as well as other things. The hooks are certainly easy to install/use and are inexpensive.

Are there any considerations to worry about with how the gas tanks sit when these are hanging on wall/ceiling?

• wphillips30_me_com
    13 years ago

I've always hung mine on racks designed for string trimmers (Home Depot or Gladiator Garageworks) with the motor up and the string down. As the units get older, the tank seals (grommet) start leaking and most of the fuel ends up leaving the tank between uses. Recently, I have been looking for storage systems that allow the shaft to be horizontal. It will require more supports, but I think that it will be easier on the equipment.

• roadbike
    13 years ago

Home Depot and Lowes sell a garden tool hanger that affixes to the wall. It has about 15 feet of track to which supplied hangers are attached. The hangers have a U shaped opening that holds everything from rakes to trimmers by th handle.

• Lawnman8
    13 years ago

(I know this post is old), but what iniel said is close to what I'd sugest. I use 2 bike hooks and set them parallel and hang the trimmer by the shaft on them(like a shelf). works great for me because I have 4 weedwackers and it saves alot of space in my shed