Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda Mower problem - with video

Posted by jmonintwo (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 12:05

Hey guys...New to the forum here. I sure hope ya'll can help.

Honda push mower (sorry, don't have model # on me right now) having a problem staying running. Take a look at this video. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jason in Nashville, TN

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYiQghmCF4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda Mower problem - with video

Well....been reading some posts and it seems like I might need a new carb? Is that what the experts here think?

o

Fuel fresh, tank, lines and carb clean. You can try spraying carb cleaner up through the stem where the bowl nut threads in. Ideally that would be taken apart and cleaned- but it has to come off for that it it may work w/ a quick clean. Carb replacements for these are cheap if it is too far gone.

o

My Honda mower had a similar problem. It was bad when it got really hot. It would surge and then backfire badly then die. I took the carb. completely off and it was gummy on the inside. After cleaning it has run well for two seasons. Had a hard time getting it back together and ripped a paper gasket that I had to order at the dealer to replace. So it took much longer than it should have but in the end wasn't too bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here