Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftman PYT9000 problems

Posted by Rodman74 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 12:43

First I need a wiring diagram for this machine, and I have PTO clutch that will not engage after throwing the blades engage belt, what happen and how to fix it, thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftman PYT9000 problems

Look up the Sears number from under the seat.
Probably something like 247 or 917.xxxxxx.

Go to searspartsdirect.com and enter said number.
Post said number may give someone on the forums the info needed to see what a PYT9000 is and possibly offer advice.

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 13:57

o

It you threw a belt. You may have pulled the wire/s loose from the PTO clutch or pinched one between the pulley and belt cutting it putting it back on.

I marked the hot wire in red and the ground in yellow as a place to start looking at.

o

Bill, the model # is 247-28880, hippy, the wires on clutch are OK.

o

I can't find a schematic, but have a service manual for a slightly newer version- 247.889xx.

In that schematic, the PTO GROUND circuit is controlled by a relay.
I suggest for a test-
Disconnect the plug to the PTO-
Using an ohm meter, connect the leads to the ground side of the PTO plug (from the harness, not the PTO side) and a good ground.
Energize the PTO switch as you normally would to cut (engine running etc.) and see if the ground circuit is completed.
You could also check the other lead with the volt meter to see if 12V is present under the same conditions.

IF no ground, the the relay is likely bad or making poor contact.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here