Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aem7997

lawn mower recommendations

aem7997
11 years ago

We just bought a home on 5-acres and are looking for a self propelled wide deck mower to be able to mow one to two acres of lawn/field which is on a pretty good incline (we live on the side of a hill). We also have a lot of obstacles in the yard.
We are on a limited budget and would like to keep the purchase under $2,000.
Can you recommend a few models to look into? Does anyone have a Billy Goat mower? If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
-Ashleigh

Comments (2)

• countryboy9799
    10 years ago

Hi Ashleigh,
    Do you have a 4 wheeler? We bought a Swisher 60" pull behind and use our 4 wheeler to mow 2 acres in 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours and does not use to much gas. Our 4 wheeler and Swisher each use 1/2 gallons per hour and I dont think you will do it much cheaper than that.

Do you have a lot of trees ect to mow around? Then it wouldn't be a good option because it isn't as easy to maneuver. We picked up our Swisher used for 800, new they are 1500.

• tom_nwnj
    10 years ago

Think you need to specify if you want to walk behind a mower or ride on it.. Cutting a couple of acres walking is a lot of walking.

Maybe you already purchased. But CountryBoy97.. is onto something. When you are living in the country, a lot of stuff has to get done. Having a 4 wheeler isn't a bad idea. Plow snow too.