Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman weedwhacker string help.

Posted by onward-upward (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 13:07

The knot to my pull string pull came out and the string spooled itself around the spool. No problem, right? I took it apart and restrung it around the spool, retied the knot and put it back together. But, I guess there must need some kind of resistance b/c when I pull the string its taut and will not turn on the motor. What do I need to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman weedwhacker string help.

Did you rewind the spool before you installed the rope??? This must be done in order for the starter to rewind the rope. Lay the starter upside down in your lap. Then rewind the spool, turning it to your left. Clamp it in place, then install the rope and tie the knot in the end. Then holding the rope, undo the clamp, and let the spool pull the rope back in. Slowly! A fun job!

o

Thanks, rusty. I'll give it a shot.

o

Any other tips? I tried spooling the ring thing and I can't make any headway. It snaps back.

Also, the ring is behind a plastic cage. I can't remove the cage b/c it would entail taking off a circular thing that looks like a spinning plate with a tip on it.

The ring does have 2 notches that can theoretically be held in place, but I don't know what tool to use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here