Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RedMax HBZ 2600 Leaf Blower

Posted by bob_k (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 13:18

First use of the season and it is blowing gas out around the sealing edges of the grommet where the fuel lines go into the tank.

TIA
Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RedMax HBZ 2600 Leaf Blower

I have the same problem with my RedMax 7500.
It will fix itself. Mine is stored in an unheated shed in the winter. In it's first use, It seems like the fuel line shrinks a little due to the cold. Dry off the area and use it as you normally do.
The fuel line will expand and the leak will stop. It will no longer leak for the entire season.

o

Thanks Itzbinnice for the reply. Well I will give it a try and see what happens. Mine is leaking where the grommet seal itself to the tank. We have gotten another cold snap so it will be a few day before I get back outside to use it. ( I hope) I don't know about you but it seemed like an awful long winter.

Thanks Again

o

Yes it was a long winter for me also.
Mine war primarily leaking around the fuel feeder hose that went through the grommet. This year it didn't leak as bad as previous years and stopped leaking in about 5 minutes after use. The rubber shrinks so when things warm up it expands and a good seal is made.

Why don't you try bringing the blower inside overnight and see if that does the trick.

o

I will see what I can do about that. My wife gets upset when I bring anything associated with gas into the house. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here