Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electric lawnmower

Posted by shakushinnen L3P Ontario (shinnen@rogers.com) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 13:29

Hi,
My wife would like an electic lawnmower, and I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend one.
Thanks,
...... john

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electric lawnmower

Corded Black & Decker. Beyond your wife's request I don't know your motivation for buying an electric mower. Realize that there is nothing green about an electric mower and that it will not cut heavy grass well unless you take it in smaller runs.

o

Thanks roadbike,
Basically she's tired of dragging the electric cord all over the bloody yard. We weren't really thinking about the greeness aspect. So..... I guess that leaves gas. Which one do you think is best? It's a medium size lot, with some thick patches. Takes about an hour to cut.
.... john

o

Instead of corded electric, check out the Toro 20360 (e-cycler).

Runs on 3x12volt batteries and cuts and mulches very well.

Has a deep steel deck and is 20" wide.

I bought one yesterday and based on the first pass I am quite impressed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toro link

o

Thanks Drew,
I'll do that.
..... john

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here