Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro Mower

Posted by keith_gardener 48239 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 14:32

I have a Toro self-pace mower with a Tecumseh engine that
won't start. New plug, air filter, oil & fresh gas. The carb is clean & float is fine. If the recoil starter kicks back sometime, could that mean I might have sheared a pin? I didn't hit anything, but I can't think of anything else. It gets spark. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro Mower

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 20:44

Sometimes they kick back and sometimes not at all. If it kicks back and tries to take the rope from your hand, you can almost be assured it's the key.

Did you purge the gas line by draining some gas from the bottom of the carb?

o

If you have been pulling and pulling on the starter it might be very well flooded. Pull the plug and if it's wet pull it through a few times and leave the plug out for a while to dry things out.

o

When Bail is pulled back,Check that the stop switch is open.The cable does stretch after a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here