Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro Recycler and Dethatch Blade

Posted by deadlawnmn MN (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 14:41

I have a Toro Recycler lawnmower, model: 20016. It is a 6.5 HP Tecumseh 22 inch mower. I have been stumped for the past week trying to find a universal dethatch blade/rake that will fit this machine. I'm your basic idiot when it comes to anything mechanical, so bear with me if I am asking a really dumb question. The mower's screw and blade assembly don't seem to accommodate any dethatch blade I've looked at thus far. The mower's native blade is curved to fit the assembly, but all the universal blades I've tried are flat and won't fit at all. Also, the mower's main screw is far too thick to fit any of the universal blade's washers that seem to be packed with them. I've seen the blade adapter kits, but I don't see how they would help. The blade I've found says it should work with most mowers and Toro is listed as one on the front. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro Recycler and Dethatch Blade

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 18:28

They are cheap but mower mounted dethatcher blades do a mediocre job and are hard on the mower. They make the engine labor and kick up a lot of dust. Why not rent a power rake for the afternoon?

o
RE: Toro Recycler and Dethatch Blade

I'm not interested in renting because I don't have a truck and I've had 3 back surgeries, so no lifting heavy lawn equipment for me. So I'm either in for hiring it out or trying to find a dethatch blade for my mower. I also noticed that sears has an electric dethatcher machine that gets good reviews, but looks like you still have to rake everything up manually.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here