Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure Washers one last time

Posted by mowernut (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 15:36

I've been shopping and reading reviews, and believe I have narrowed it down to 2. I'm considering either the Ridgid 3000 psi 2.6 gpm with CAT pump & 179 cc Subaru engine, or the the NorthStar 3000 psi 2.5 gpm with Honda GX 160 cc engine & Comet pump. I love Honda's GX series of engines, but not sure how well the Comet pumps hold up. On the other hand, having read many reviews on Home Depot's site about the Ridgid... there were a few complaints about leaking and failing CAT pumps. Are all CAT pumps created equal, or do they make a cheaper version (like Honda engines) for the big box stores? I'm also not familiar with Subaru engines as far as reliabilty and longevity. This will be for residential use, but I'm finding this to be a get what you pay for endeavor. I'd like to keep it to a max of $600.00. Please share your experiences & opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure Washers one last time

Wrong forum.

o

Sorry metal - it's worked before.

o

Reads like you want a GX with a Cat pump. Keep looking.

I have not seen a "big box only" cat pump yet.

Peace

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here