Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130

Posted by moodyda Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 18, 10 at 17:02

I am in need of purchasing a new Tractor as my 8 year old Craftsman LT 1000 is becoming too problematic (as soon as I finish fixing one thing something new happens). I suppose in all fairness this tractor has been worked hard over the years, but I thought it would last a little longer.
Now it is time for a new one and I have narrowed down to a John Deere x304 ($3,600) and a Snapper LT 130 (on sale for $2,300). Both have AWS and the Snapper comes with a larger engine 23hp vs 17hp for the JD and it has a larger deck at 46 inches. Both are good brands but which will last longer? I mean significantly longer than my old Sears tractor.
I live on a 1.3 acre lot that does have small hills as the house is built up on the lot (West Palm Beach, FL). Therefore I do have standing water during the rainy season and need to cut in and arround water constantly. I guess I could just get a Home Depot JD tractor but I don't want to "cheap out" like I did last time and be sorry in the end.
So, which of these choices will go the distance and why?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130

i have a snapper lt 140 and have been nothing but impressed with it

o
RE: John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130

I have had a JD X304 going on 5 years and it still looks like and works like new---I have had 2 other Deere tractors over the past 20 years or so and I wouldn't have anything else--I belive the Snapper "LT" is the same as the JD mower that you find in Lowes, etc--I think you will find that the John Deere X304 is better built---

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here