Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Murray riding mower will not crank or move when pushed

Posted by jmorrell588 Georgia (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 19, 09 at 17:59

Hello folks... I have a 2001 murray 12.5 hp with a 40 inch deck... It will not crank... I replaced the battery and still will not crank... also I cannot move the riding mower with the lever in neutral... (It worked fine yesterday... parked it under the deck to finish the cutting today)
I can move the gear lever from any gear and back to neutral and still cannot move it (Push it)... so it under the deck waiting for some sound advice from you folks on how I can get it to move so I can get it in the garage to work on... or what might be causing it to not start and move... Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response...

Sincerely Jmorrell588

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Murray riding mower will not crank or move when pushed

I would check the belts under the engine to be sure one of them hasn't gotten caught between pulley and belt guard or something stuck in it causing both your problems. Have you tried turning the engine by hand? Placing the palm of your hand on the flywheel screen, press down hard and see it the flywheel will move clockwise or either direction?

Walt Conner

o
RE: Murray riding mower will not crank or move when pushed

Walt... thank you for your response... no I have not tried to turn the flywheel and never thought about that... I will look into that and the belts when I get home from work... thank you for your advice...

Sincerely Jmorrell588

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here