Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi 890r Trimmer

Posted by aaronjvance none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 18:32

I have just finished rebuilding my trimmer and it is running great. The issue I have now is the attachment will not spin. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi 890r Trimmer

It may be a clutch issue. It appears this model has the E-Z Link type split boom from the diagrams I have seen. Most trimmers except cheap ones have a clutch. When you reassembled did you remember to tighten up the T-20 Torx screw inside the clutch drum to the end of the crankshaft? Did you remove and re-install the clutch itself on the crankshaft? Did you properly install the large washer that goes on the shaft with the clutch?
In lieu of a broken upper drive shaft, check it and also check the drive shaft of your attachment(s) to verify they turn freely. If the upper shaft turns freely by hand then the clutch may not operating correctly when the unit is running. post back and let us know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here