Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cordless string trimmer recommendations anyone?

Posted by maclaynsaunt (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 18:34

I'm looking to buy a cordless string trimmer. Looking at ryobi and Black and Decker. Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cordless string trimmer recommendations anyone?

Yesterday I bought a blower and trimmer at Home Depot. They were part of the Single Source 18v system. I chose the trimmer because it uses the same battery that the blower does and came with 2 batteries. Now I have 3 batteries that can be used on either tool. There is also a chainsaw available that could be handy for light jobs.

I have yet to really use the tools. The blower does seem to have some good power and is very small and light weight. The trimmer is adjustable in length and can also be used as an edger. They both seem solid and well built. I will post more when I get a chance to try out the trimmer and see the endurance of it's batteries. My yard is less than 1/4 acre and should not be too demanding.

I almost bought the Toro 2 stroke system with changeable attachments. But considering the cost and potential practicality of the 18v batteries. I thought it might be overkill and thought I would Try the B&D.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black &Decker Single Source 18v

o
RE: cordless string trimmer recommendations anyone?

I agree that B&D appears to be about the best Cordless on the Market with plenty of Sourcing and Dealer Warranty sites Nationwide . If you decide at a later date you can always use the cordless at camp . Should you go Gas , Echo , Robin and Stihl are my recommendation long term .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here