Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dean1962_gw

need some info please

dean1962
13 years ago

I found a toro engine and need to know if it is a suzuki or a tecumseh the only number I can find on it is on the outside pull start cover. This is the number 47PG6-212050 also can someone point me in the direction for parts for this model. I also found made in japan stamped on the block help please.

Comments (6)

• indy452
    13 years ago

Ohh yeah its definitely a Suzuki. Does it look like this?

This is a two cycle that is missing the starter but you should get the point.

{{gwi:128601}}

• dean1962
    Original Author
    13 years ago

yes it looks like the one in the picture .can you point me in the directoin to get some parts please like the air filter and operators manuals

• indy452
    13 years ago

Manual is at Toro.com and since you didn't mention it being attached to a mower use one of these #'s for mower reference...22040 you may have to dig but there is a comprehensive manual for the engine. I printed it and could make you a copy and mail it to you if you can't find it..(I live in Northern KS) Send me an e-mail.

As for parts, I like RCPW but shipping stinks... Or, any descent Toro dealer still can get air filters etc. Internal engine parts are VERY expensive for the Suzuki though...you've been warned. Luckily they are a very tough reliable engine that will outlast any LB engine by three.

heres a link you the filter you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: RCPW

• Greg Goyeneche
    13 years ago

According to my spreadsheet, the 47PG6-1 Engine was fitted to Toro 16202C Side discharge, Push Mower. Date of Mfg 1987.

If you use 22040 as suggested above, only some of the parts will interchange. 16202C is a Homeowner machine without any form of CPSC blade control, while 22040 is a Commercial Self Propelled with BBC.

16202C does come up on Toro website and most, but not all parts show as available.

• indy452
    13 years ago

"If you use 22040 as suggested above, only some of the parts will interchange. 16202C is a Homeowner machine without any form of CPSC blade control, while 22040 is a Commercial Self Propelled with BBC."

No I think you are wrong...I own a 22040 and there is NO BBC on a 22040. If you want to look at bbc's look at a 22043. I own and use both. As for the differences in the engine...there are none. There are also no CPSC blade controls whatsoever on a commercial Toro 22040 as well.

• dean1962
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the answers I found the engine at a small engine repair shop sale the owner passed away.There was no deck with it now I just need to know what parts I need to attach a blade to the engine because all my crank has on it is threads at the bottom and a keyway at the very top. Can someone please send me pictures and part numbers of the pieces I will need so I can see what they look like. The engine is going to go on a 16 inch Sears push mower.