Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need some info please

Posted by dean1962 Nebraska (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 19:20

I found a toro engine and need to know if it is a suzuki or a tecumseh the only number I can find on it is on the outside pull start cover. This is the number 47PG6-212050 also can someone point me in the direction for parts for this model. I also found made in japan stamped on the block help please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need some info please

Ohh yeah its definitely a Suzuki. Does it look like this?

This is a two cycle that is missing the starter but you should get the point.

Photobucket

o

yes it looks like the one in the picture .can you point me in the directoin to get some parts please like the air filter and operators manuals

o

Manual is at Toro.com and since you didn't mention it being attached to a mower use one of these #'s for mower reference...22040 you may have to dig but there is a comprehensive manual for the engine. I printed it and could make you a copy and mail it to you if you can't find it..(I live in Northern KS) Send me an e-mail.

As for parts, I like RCPW but shipping stinks... Or, any descent Toro dealer still can get air filters etc. Internal engine parts are VERY expensive for the Suzuki though...you've been warned. Luckily they are a very tough reliable engine that will outlast any LB engine by three.

heres a link you the filter you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: RCPW

o

According to my spreadsheet, the 47PG6-1 Engine was fitted to Toro 16202C Side discharge, Push Mower. Date of Mfg 1987.

If you use 22040 as suggested above, only some of the parts will interchange. 16202C is a Homeowner machine without any form of CPSC blade control, while 22040 is a Commercial Self Propelled with BBC.

16202C does come up on Toro website and most, but not all parts show as available.

o

"If you use 22040 as suggested above, only some of the parts will interchange. 16202C is a Homeowner machine without any form of CPSC blade control, while 22040 is a Commercial Self Propelled with BBC."

No I think you are wrong...I own a 22040 and there is NO BBC on a 22040. If you want to look at bbc's look at a 22043. I own and use both. As for the differences in the engine...there are none. There are also no CPSC blade controls whatsoever on a commercial Toro 22040 as well.

o

Thanks for all the answers I found the engine at a small engine repair shop sale the owner passed away.There was no deck with it now I just need to know what parts I need to attach a blade to the engine because all my crank has on it is threads at the bottom and a keyway at the very top. Can someone please send me pictures and part numbers of the pieces I will need so I can see what they look like. The engine is going to go on a 16 inch Sears push mower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here