Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryjabo

Lawnboy 22261

terryjabo
13 years ago

Hello all,

I have this mower that was GIVEN to my girlfriend last weekend from a friend of hers.

It was dirty, but so far has cleaned up well. Primed it 3 times, then it started on the third pull. It idled ok, but maybe had a SLIGHT unevenness to it.

I have a '98 Gold pro that, had the governor problem, and after reading posts on here, I also bored the jet.

I pulled the carb on this one to replace the floats, and blow it out.

My question.... I don't remember if I used locktite when I replaced the pilot and the nozzle.

So do I put a drop on the threads or not?

Also, besides scraping the exhaust port to remove carbon, are there any things that I should check?

Thanks for any advice.

Comment (1)

• 1saxman
    13 years ago

Wow. A 22261 is one of the most desirable LBs. It's a full-commercial with the Duraforce engine. I would not have pulled the carb. It doesn't matter how it idles or if it will idle. The only thing that matters is how it runs on full throttle while cutting grass. If it has a grease fitting on each side on the rear aluminum wheel adjusters, give each one a shot of #1 1/2 white lithium grease. Check blade condition and look for the 'mulch fan' that should be under the blade.
    Check out the video link of a guy with the same mower.

Here is a link that might be useful: LB 22261