Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buckyknitts

Lawnboy Duraforce 10323

buckyknitts
9 years ago

I rebuilt my carburetor on my Lawnboy and got everything remounted to the engine. For the life of my I cannot figure out how to re-attach the primer line. Every way I try to connect it, it interferes with the governor. If anyone has a photo on how it routes, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Comments (6)

• hippy
    9 years ago

When you rebuilt the carburetor did you remember to install the Hose Retainer? Part # 95-7615 in case you lost it. You can also make one from something like a plastic Coffee canister lid, plastic paint bucket lid etc.. When installed and slid as close to the carb as possible the retainer holds the primer line down away from the governor and throttle/choke slider.

Here is a photo of one I made from a paint bucket lid. And to show how the lines should be ran on one of my Duraforce powered LawnBoys.

If making one be sure to space the holes for the lines so that the fuel line pulls the primer line down and away from any moving parts and make the holes slightly small than the outside dia. of the lines so that it fits snugly.

• buckyknitts
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Hippy, you totally rock! I had all the parts, but I was trying to connect to the wrong port on the carb. I got it hooked up and it started right up (after I remembered to connect the spark plug :-) ).

Too many late nights trying to get it running, but it's done now. I hope to mow the lawn with it tomorrow.

As an aside, I was going to replace this mower with a new 4 cycle. The sales guy accidentally talked me out of it by stating all the benefits of a 2 cycle. And the new Toro I was looking at had basically the same features my old Lawnboy does. So I found all the info I needed to tune up my mower on here. Really satisfying to get it running great again.

Thanks for the super quick response!

• 1saxman
    9 years ago

The 10323 is a great mower. Keep it going!

• hippy
    9 years ago

"The sales guy accidentally talked me out of it by stating all the benefits of a 2 cycle."

I have 7 Duraforce powered Lawnboy's from the early 90's. Three "new" Gold Series have only been taken out of the box, sprayed down with WD40, with a good shot into the fuel line, Plug pulled and coated the cylinder with some 90 weight and placed back in the box. I have turned down offers of up to $700 each for them...

I knew what was going to happen to Lawnboy when I first heard that Toro bought the company. All they had in mind was to get rid of one of their biggest competitors. And they have did just that. Just painted Toro's Lawnboy green and slap stickers on them.

I never did like Toro mowers much and will not buy a "Lawnboy" from them.

• rdaystrom
    9 years ago

Hippy your Duraforce mowers are made by Toro.Toro bought Lawn-Boy from OMC in 1989. They introduced the Duraforce nine years later in 1998.(not the early 90s) Lawn-Boy was a huge segment of the market and Toro tried to keep them going in my opinion. During those first 10 or 12 years of Toro ownership they had several Lawn-Boy 2-cycle designs in production: the M series , the F engine, the V series, and the Duraforce. Blame the demise of the 2 cycle mower on the EPA. Exhaust emission regulations got so strict that the 2 cycle mowers couldn't pass. Because of these regulations Toro just stopped making the 2 cycle mowers. One of the most highly regarded 2 cycle mowers ever produced was not a Lawn-Boy branded mower but in fact a Toro commercial mower with a Suzuki 2-cycle engine.

• 1saxman
    9 years ago

Strangely, that Toro commercial 2-cycle can also be found with a Lawn-Boy 'V' engine which although rated commercial because of its iron cylinder sleeve was not really one of the best 2-cycles they ever made. It is said that the 'V' was for 'Value-Line'