Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
12.5 Briggs and Stratton won't start

Posted by supratt94 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 3, 10 at 19:58

I have a 38" riding mower that is powered by a 12.5hp Briggs and Stratton. Yesterday I ran over something that I had to untangle from the blade. Didn't try to start it until today, and low and behold it won't start.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 12.5 Briggs and Stratton won't start

That bites when they don't start. So what is it doing? Does it crank over anyways? Was the mower tipped to dislodge the debris? What kind / model mower is it?

o
RE: 12.5 Briggs and Stratton won't start

It was tipped to untangle something it ran over. It is a Yard Machine 38" rider. For whatever reason the battery is dead. I didn't think the mower used the battery for anything but starting. I may have left it in the "on" position. So I jumped it and it was turning over. I changed the spark plug and sprayed carb cleaner in the intake. It started and ran for a while. I figured I'd leave good enough alone and I'll see if it starts again tomorrow. If so I'm going to buy another battery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here