Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pto bolt

Posted by mike727a none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 20:24

does anyone know what size the bolt is that holds the pto clutch on the crank on kawasaki fh680v bs34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pto bolt

Would the parts list from the equipment manufacturer tell? IE Deere will list the info.

Here is a link that might be useful: KAW info

o

been all over a bunch of kaw sites for parts none show the pto side of crank bolt fell out hate to buy from deere cost thing should be able to pick one up at hardware store just dont know what thread size is thanks tom

o

Measure the hole with an inside caliper.
It 'might' be metric. For length, use
a straight edge ruler.

o

Does Deere not list the size? I can't think that Deere's bolt price would be prohibitive if you had to go that way. It is an important bolt. And may I add sometimes a pain should you break one. Common crank bolt diameter would be either 7/16 -20 or M 10 -1.5. Best grade would be either an 8 or 10.9 . I would think that size of an engine wouldn't be a 3/8 -24. Use some blue loctite upon install.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here