Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawnboy Model 5024

Posted by tim5511 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:35

Just received a Bricktop model 5024. Could someone please help me concerning the wire that attaches to the starter pinion. It looks as if it keeps the gears engaged so when you pull the rope it engages. Having the hardest time figuring out how attach the wire behind the gear, does it pinch together? Thank you, I can see how someonr could get addicted to these cool old mowers. Brand new to forum. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawnboy Model 5024

One of my favorite mowers, starter reassembly is the hardest part of servicing them. Slip the wire into the groove with the ends extending past the teeth. Rotate the starter assembly until the slack is out of the rope, rotate one more turn then install the starter with the ledge between the wire ends.

o

Thank you for reply. been so long since I've been in forum. not quite understand. Does the spring attach to the shelf of the starter? Sorry, but really would like to get this started. Appreciate your advice.

o

Here are the instructions for the D-400 starter.

Here is a link that might be useful: D400 starter

o

Thank you. This helps tremendously. Should be up and running soon.

o

Glad to help. The 5024 and its big brother the 7024 are two of the latest (mid 70s') mowers that still held true to the original Lawn Boy idea of a powerful light weight easy to use mower. Although they were considered "bare bones" when they were new, the fact that they are not self propelled is one of the main reasons they are still around.

o

This morden is great
I have one for my garden

Here is a link that might be useful: Lawn Mower Reviews

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here