Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Honda HRR mower loosing underdeck paint in 3 mows...

Posted by robster georgia (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 21:10

Just got this about 1 month ago. I have tall thick Fescue grass that I have to mow about every 4 days right now. After 3 mows there is a strip of paint about 1 inch wide and around the front and side under the deck that the paint is gone and its got surface rust there already. the grass now clumps there and it does not mow as well. Anyone seen this before? Took several years of hard mowing to do that on my Toro. Also this thing sure rattles a lot after about 30 minutes use. It bags great, mulching is fair, rear discharge not good since the dont include a rear discharger thingy anymore...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Honda HRR mower loosing underdeck paint in 3 mows...

This is completely normal. It is a function of wear. It is from the grass clippings hitting the side of the mower after they have been cut. I am not a help with the clippings issue.

One thing you can do is increase the RPM on the mower for better clipping removal--they are RPM limited(3000RPM) for consumer safety. The engine will actually spin to 6500 RPM. If you shorten the spring(the one nearest the deck) by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch you can increase your RPM.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here