Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1970's John Deere 100 wiring

Posted by johndeere13 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 3, 10 at 21:25

Please help!
I picked up an old JD 100 mower, loaded it on my trailer after we jumped it. When I got it home I started going over it to see what it needed. When I looked at the wiring between the solenoid and coil I could tell something was goofy. It had a red wire going from the solenoid to coil with a rigged up resistor or diode wired in between. And another wire coming down from the coil, unsure of where it goes...there are no other wires around. So, what is that wire, and is that diode thing necessary? Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1970's John Deere 100 wiring

I'm unsure why a wire would be going from the solenoid to the coil. There is likely a diode from the charging coil. That changes the coil output to Dc so the battery can use it. Some earlier Deere's had a circuit breaker rather than a fuse. Go to Deere parts and maybe the parts list will help some.Keep us posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: deere parts

o
RE: 1970's John Deere 100 wiring

Tomplum, thanks soo much. That website is great. It was in fact a diode and I accidentally re-wired it backwards. Runs great now, the other wire is the shut off so I just throttle it down to kill the motor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here