Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Engine speed

Posted by grasscutn none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 21:36

Does anyone know the RPM's of a Tecumseh 6.25 engine? Also, should the breather on top of the engine have a hole in it? I removed the plastic breather unit and discovered a hole in it and I think that is why it is leaking oil from under the flywheel. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Engine speed

Well, it sounds like a vertical shaft engine on a walk behind mower. RPMs set depends on blade tip speed. Typically, a 21" mower is set at 3150 / 3050 on a 22" which allows for enough fluctuation to remain under the max BTS as the mower is doing its job. The plastic breather typically has a check valve at the bottom. It is common to replace these kits for leakage. You have to also be careful not to tip the mower over too far or upside down as these breathers turn into little oil pumps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here