Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrbaker90

project mower question

jrbaker90
11 years ago

I am wanting to get me a project mower I love tinkering with small engine. I have found a lawn boy silver pro a ariens and a craftsman eager 1 the lawn boy and the craftsman are in the same shape the ariens is the worst one it has alot of parts missing. I have mess with alot with craftsmen mower and I have another motor that would fit it but I like the lawn boy the best it looks all there this my first post here thanks

Comments (3)

• twelvegauge
    11 years ago

I'm not sure what your question is. Just for info, if any of the machines have a Tecumseh engine, that company has gone out of business. Parts are probably still available, but you might have to hunt around. Is the Lawn Boy a 2-cycle engine?
    Ariens is now owned by Husqvarna. Craftsman is likely a MTD, Murray, or AYP/Husqvarna product. Lawn Boy has been absorbed by somebody else, but I don't remember who.

• tn_gardening
    11 years ago

One man's trash is another man's treasure!

This is especially true with used lawn mowers :-)

• jrbaker90
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got the lawn boy its a 2 cycle 6.5 dualforce I got it run before I got it home but it ain't getting gas to the carb runs fine as long as I spray gas in the carb my seat valve is mess up so I order one for my local part store the part was only 9.59 but shipping was 15.00 so I am going to buy my part some where else