Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is my Sears Craftsman yard tractor worth

Posted by gfc56 z8 Fl (gfc56@eudoramail.com) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 23:05

I have a lightly used Sears YS-4500 42", 6 spd, with 20 hp Kohler pro. I purchased this in 2009 for $1200. It is in perfect running and cosmetic condition. I just do not use it enough to warrant keeping it. I prefer to keep my lawn mowed with my Honda push mower. I want to list it for sale on craigslist. I do not want to ask too much, or too less.

http://www.mysears.com/Craftsman-20-hp-42-in-Deck-Yard-Tractor--359791-reviews?tab=details

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is my Sears Craftsman yard tractor worth

Oops meant to post above.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears Yard Tractor

o

Gee, i bought one just like it, last summer, for fifty bucks! Same color, too. But, it had a bad transmission. Former owner didn't know he should stop to shift gears. With the result the pinion gear is stripped!

o

I would think $900.00 would be a fair asking price for a two yr old tractor / mower . Not less than $750.00 unless you know something we don't lol .

o

Clean it up so it looks like showroom. Park it on the corner with a "for sale". sign. Ask a premium price ($875)and see what happens. You can always lower the price. Now is the prime time to offer this.

I purchased about a dozen mowers that were about 7 - 8 years old. I paid $100 - $150 for MTD and had difficulty selling for $300.00. I paid up to $300 for Craftsman and usually sold them for about $500.00. All were serviced and cleaned up like showroom. One craftsman had the 46 cubic inch opposed twin and was real clean - $700.00.

Most people who have premium dollars will simply buy a new mower. Our friends who look for a used mower are usually on a very limited budget. About 50% of the original price is what they are willing to pay.

o

Thanks for the solid advice everyone. I was thinking no less than $700.00. I can afford to wait for a good offer. The mower is in brand new condition.

o

Well there you go Haste makes Waste , Good Decision !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here