Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
astroturfmower

Anyone PUSHING the mower fast instead of self-propel

astroturfmower
13 years ago

Hi, Found the Honda HRX with cruisecontrol not fast enough for the way I would like to mow the large lawn. Wondering if anyone here might have experience and opinions with regard to the Honda HRS216PDA? I like the light weight 63 lbs, yet solid build, but haven;t used one or tried using a true push mower in many years. Thanks, Astro

Comments (4)

• lbpod
    13 years ago

Personally, I think running with a machine that has a
    sharp blade spinning at 3600 RPM, is not safe.

• 1saxman
    13 years ago

What you need is Toro Personal Pace. It is capable of unbelievable top speed but also goes infinitely slow - it simply follows your speed. The technical explanation of how it does this is tedious, but because the belt is always slipping, the gear ratio has to be high to provide adequate drive at the usual mowing pace - if you were to use two hands, one on the fixed crossbar and one on the sliding handle to squeeze it all the way down, you would be looking at about 10 MPH. This condition would never be encountered using the mower at a normal pace or even a fast pace. I mention it only to illustrate the speed potential of the system. There is no way you can out-pace this system.

• metal
    13 years ago

I am 6'4" tall and couldn't outrun my Toro PP. Best self propelled system I have ever used.

• evdpgh
    13 years ago

I have a Lawnboy with the Sense-a-Speed propulsion system. I like the fact that it is capable of propelling very slowly on the assumption that it is always better to take a little longer to cut the grass as opposed to suffering a heart attack.