Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevbocometh

seized? tiller roundabout 1978

kevbocometh
12 years ago

i have an awesome tiller (i think) from the late 70's. i loaned it to a neighbor and when i got it back it started on the first pull. ten minutes later it just stopped and had plenty of gas and oil. now i can't pull the cord which is intact. the oil level was fine and the cord pull assembly is clear and unblocked. so i guess it is seized right? i know i didn't break a rod cuz there was no loud sound. briggs doesnt make an engine to replace this one, it would require a custom alteration(to shorten the crankshaft). briggs model# 130202-0523-99. so, i guess what i'm looking for is a good reference website for opening the whole thing up and boring it out and making it work again! even better would be a quick fix. the tillers they make today are expensive and have about 1/3 the weight that this one does. i live on clay soil and they just jump around so i really want to save this one. any help appreciated...thank you all so much in advance. i have pics if u need them. p.s. just got my 1986 craftsman mower running like a charm...yeah baby.

Comments (7)