Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyma_gw

3 out of 4 aint bad

andyma_gw
10 years ago

I finally sprang for a new blade adapter and a ball joint. I un-pinned the deck and slid it out to work on. I cleaned the deck , greased the spindles, sharpened the blades and replaced the blade adapter that was bodged together with a strip of sheet metal and a dozen pop rivets one afternoon about 6 yrs ago. The new ball joint allowed me to take one function off the multifunction bungee cord. There was more going on with the starting circuit , than just a dead battery. I feared a bad solenoid or starter button. Ka-ching. I decided to take the circuit apart to clean and inspect the cables and stuff . The last thing I checked was the lug on positive battery cable . I saw a little smudge of green peeking out of my electrical tape repair from the first go round back in 2000. I un wound the tape and there it was. The lug was loose, the tape was all that was holding it on. I had replaced it in situ in the battery box hemmed in by the steering column. Now I held the cable in my hands. I put the cable end lightly on my bench mounted soft wire wheel. It worked better than expected. The new lug was a loose fit until I peened it into a U with my 1/4 pound BPH . Installed a dead battery onto to the revamped wiring and the starter sounds happier than it has in years.
So far my attempt to re-line the disc brake pads has been too good. The brake pedal works when I step on it. After 20 minutes the rotor is too warm to touch. I have stuff backed off hand tight. I am going to keep on messing with that.
Tight brake and all, the Inty mows better than ever.

Comments (2)