Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remote control lawn mowers

Posted by forensicmom 7a (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 8:33

I have a new neighbor that moved in back in the fall. He has a completely landscaped 1/2 acre and he has NOT done anything to it. There were NO leaves cleaned up last fall.

He does have a little remote conrol lawn mower that makes the yard look like a jig saw puzzle. He laid wire out, however he is about 20' in from the property line so I have about 2' tall grass growing next to my nice lawn.

It is always getting stuck and never cuts certain areas. I think it's called a "Lawnbot". Does anyone have any luck with these? I figured for the time he spends trying to get it unstuck and laying wire, he could have cut it really good many times.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remote control lawn mowers

Ain't much you can do, except make yours look really nice, and folks will naturally be drawn to the sight of yours, in contrast to his rotten looking yard!
His novel mower is probably an experiment. He'll get discouraged when it finally quits on him.

o

Pictures would be great! Throw a few rocks in his yard and see if the robot can find them.

o

I think he would have gotten better results with a robot mower designed like a random sweep pool cleaner. You may want to suggest that he consider the purchase of a tractor with a hay mowing attachment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here