Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mobil Racing 2T Oil Equivalent

Posted by roserx 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 12, 10 at 9:08

My Lawn-Boy calls for a 50:1 mix and the green Lawn-Boy 2 cycle oil cans called for 4oz/gal of gas. How much Mobil Racing 2T oil should I use per gal of gas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mobil Racing 2T Oil Equivalent

Here's a chart and a calculator that should help converting the ratio to ounces per gallon.

http://www.rctek.com/pdf/fuel_to_oil_ratio_chart.pdf
http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

o

Thanks!

Maybe I am mistaken and 32:1 is the recommended fuel mix for my Lawn-Boy #5247 and #10550. I had heard that you could use less Mobil 2T Racing Oil, than what is recommended.

o

All Lawnboy 2 cycles, except the M series, call for 32:1 mix ratio. It is always a good idea to follow the manufacturer's recommendation on oil mix. That said, modern high tech oils are much better and I don't believe that a higher ratio will hurt but I don't go over 40:1 in anything I run and that includes my new Stihl chainsaw that says 50:1. Many professional woodcutters run a little thicker ratio, saying that it runs cooler and gives a better ring seal, thus more power. I have been running Mobil 2T in my L21ZPN at 32:1 for over a year now with no excessive smoke or carbon build up. I just like the safety factor of a little more oil.

o
R: Mobil Racing 2T Oil Equivalent

Let me rephrase that. All the models as new as you listed call for 32:1 ratio. The 3 ring D400 and older models called for ratios of 16:1.

o

I would follow the manufacurers specification for mix ratio unless Toro(Lawnboy) indicates that the newer oils can be used at a higher ratio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here