Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19753986

Husqvarna or Poulan.... which would you recommend?

User
11 years ago

Im in the market for a self propelled lawn mower. I have around $300 to spend. At Lowes, I saw a nice Husqvarna HU700F and at KMart I saw a nice Poulan Pro Model# 961420104. Suggestions on these or any others that would be good. I must have side discharge capability. Thanks.

Comments (5)

• roadbike
    11 years ago

If I were spending your money I would look at one of the Toro Recycler models sold at the box stores.

• bill_kapaun
    11 years ago

They (and most/all? Craftsman) are built by the same company.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, I know the Poulan Pro is made by Husqvarna (corporate parent), but since the price is almost the same for both, would the quality be better on "Husqvarna" branded equipment over Poulan or are they the same?

• andrelaplume2
    11 years ago

I like my dealer model toro Personal Pace...I am not sure the major differnces between my model and Bog Box Stores...I think they are in your price range though...maybe a tad more for the PP unless they a recon in the stoore....you can stop by your post office and for a new homeowners packet...there is usually a 10% off copupon for Lowes...which HD will also honor...

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think i've decided. Stopped by the local HD store yesterday. They had a Toro 20371 mower on sale. Did not buy it just yet. I have some questions on this one... (1) Is this built by Toro, or MTD for Toro... (2) Would it be better to buy from HD or a Toro dealer. (3)what are your opinions on the Toro 20371 vs any others out there that you would recommend.

Thanks!