Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawnboy Pull Rope Locked up

Posted by cooltools1 MN (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 08 at 12:36

Hello all,

Garage sale find. I have a Lawnboy 10227 Silver Series. Right away it wouldn't start so I changed the spark plug. That didn't work so after reading this forum bought an Ignition Coil and installed it. Now the I can't pull the rope back. Somehow I have engaged the blade brake I think.

The mower looks like it was well maintained and it seems more durable than the cheap models available at the homecenter so I would like to get this working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawnboy Pull Rope Locked up

It sounds as if you didn't allow for proper clearance
of the new coil from the flywheel. It should be ten
thousanths of an inch, (use a business card).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here