Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black & Decker LST136 Cordless Trimmer/Edger - Opinions?

Posted by pbx2 none (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 14:59

Looking at the Black & Decker LST136 Cordless Trimmer/Edger for my new house/yard.

Yard is no more than 8k sq ft.
We want to go gas-less.

Any opinions on this as a trimmer or edger?
Or any other options?

Appreciate any feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black & Decker LST136 Cordless Trimmer/Edger - Opinions?

I actually used my neighbors 18v b&d trimmer the other day. It was awful. It could barely cut the thicker portions against my home that needed it the worst. This one clearly posted that it can only handle .065" string which is terribly weak. It only has string out of one side too so it felt strange. Not my cup of tea.

The one you listed is twice as powerful and maybe can even use a decent string.

Ill say this, it was light and very maneuverable.

o
RE: Black & Decker LST136 Cordless Trimmer/Edger - Opinions?

• Posted by pbx2 none (My Page) on
    Wed, May 15, 13 at 15:46

@bsmith717 Thanks for the feedback.
I actually ended up buying the LST136 with teh 36V battery & it actually provides good clearing on short to medium height grass.

Doesn't really do much for the 'lettuce' size weed except blow wind @ it.

& I never noticed that it only had one string hole which really makes it fall short on optimal performance.

The edging is also pretty worthless if you hold it straight as recommended vs. tilting it on its side.

Having said that, it is light & maneuverable.
Rechargeable.
& will last a decent amount of time on a charge if you are using a slower speed & your lawn has not gotten out of control.
& the rotating shaft is easy to convert between trimmer & edger.

I'll keep it just because my lawn is in top shape & this thing can handle a well kept lawn.

However, if it ever got out of hand...new trimmer here I come.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here