Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scotts 3 in 1 mower carburetor problem

Posted by jasonjeremiah (My Page) on
Fri, May 29, 09 at 15:34

Hi,

I have a Scotts 3 in 1 mower model #21995X8A with a 6.5 hp B&S motor. I bought it used about a month ago and so far it had been working fine. Today I started it up and the motor just what not go at full speed. It seemed to be flooded. I kept waiting for it to get going but it eventually died. Looking at the primer bulb, it looked as if something similar to a thin balloon was around the bulb but had eroded away. When I place my finger over the tiny hole in the center of the bulb, the motor runs fine. When I remove my finger, the engine starts to sputter and die. Does anyone have any idea as to what my problem might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scotts 3 in 1 mower carburetor problem

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, May 30, 09 at 12:24

You have to replace the primer bulb. Use a 3/4" socket to seat the steel ring. The ring installs with the prongs facing you. About $5.00

o
RE: Scotts 3 in 1 mower carburetor problem

• Posted by jmp (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 18, 10 at 21:25

Need some help in finding a parts place that sells carbs for my scotts model #22965X8A self propelled mower. can any one advise? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here