Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro GTS 2 cycle Suzuki 20684 push mower parts

Posted by back2denali IN (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 15:39

The piston on this mower is bad but the carb, bag, ignition, BBC, other parts are usable. Is anyone interested in anything from it? Anything worth shipping.

It was running a couple weeks ago but the bolt which holds on the air filter came loose and a washer got sucked into the intake - it cracked the piston wall. I had just spent hours cleaning the carb, replacing plug, fuel filter & cutoff switch, etc. now it's shot but some of the parts are still good.

back2denali@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro GTS 2 cycle Suzuki 20684 push mower parts

If you liked the mower, why dont you look for a piston? Prolly could get away with a used one.

o

The value of the machine as parts depends upon the age. Was made from 1984 to 1989. Most valuable part is the ignition coil, but only if from a later model (1986 or later, three-leg, 81-2810). Retail is $175, I've sold on Ebay for $50 to $75. If it is earlier two-leg (81-1990 or 17-1529) actually retails more at $235, but since they rarely fail and there are relatively few machines still out there, not much secondary market. I've seen them listed for $25 and never sell. Other salable parts are the recoil assembly and the Mikuni carburetor. Bag, BBC, and other stuff is usually too expense to ship unless you have someone local interested.

o

Mower is gone now; thanks for all the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here