Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davejdev

Honda HR214 SXA Service Manual

davejdev
13 years ago

I recently bought my nextdoor neighborÂs old Honda HR214 SXA for $30. ItÂs solid, looks good, starts with one-pull, and cuts grass like a dream. However, as my neighbor had clearly forewarned me, the old Honda had a couple of limitations: The speed adjustment lever doesnÂt adjust (speed is locked at a reasonable rate), and the blade weill contninue to rotate as long as the engine continues to run  which suggests a problem with the brake.

My neigbor felt that the cost of repairing the Honda exceeded its value, which he saw as using it to cut the grass until it died. HeÂs probably correct, but I would at least like to better understand whatÂs going on, and not going on, and decide for myself if it would be worth some shadetree wrenching. However, unfortunately, my neighbor didnÂt have any of the original paperwork for this 15-year old Honda (?), and my efforts to Google a gratis copy of the service manual resulted in following blind-links that all led back to the same outfit that was selling a .pdf copy of the manual for more than I had paid for the lawnmower in the first place.

So my question is, does anyone have a .pdf manual for the HR214 SXA that theyÂd be wiling to share with me?

For my part, IÂm willing to offer up a .pdf copy of the Tecumseh TechnicianÂs Handbook for 3-11HP, 4-cycle, L-Head engines. This is the engine commonly found on many older Craftman lawnmowers. Check with me about the applicable engine models.

Thanks to anyone whoÂs willing to help an old guy who likes to tinker with (and often busts his knuckles on) small-engines.

davejdev