Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Girl 10-302

Posted by davenc (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 16:12

The neighbor dropped off a 10-302 and a Troy-bilt rider the other day. I'm cleaning off about 2 qts of oil dirt and draining about 3 qts of oil out of the Lawn Girl and I got down to the transmission. There hasn't been a belt on it for many years and the transmission is "notchy" when I turn the pulley by hand. It does not spin freely and I havn't looked on the parts list yet. I was thinking of just greasing it up and let it go until it fails as I think the damage has already been done. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Girl 10-302

Anybody awake???

o

You'll have to give more details on the LB 10302 - was this a 2-cycle? I don't understand where the '3 quarts of oil' came from. Pull the rear wheels and clean/lube the gears on the ends of the axle - each gear has a little ratchet inside, and there's a grease hole in each end of the axle. Use #2 White Lithium grease on the wheel ends and #00 grease in the box.

o

The 10320 was a 4 cycle Tecumseh. If you drained 3 quarts of oil out of it, it was WAY overfilled. I'm not familiar with this model. Hopefully someone else can help.

o

The 10302 was the 4 cycle Lawn Boy Silver Series mower with a Tec. engine. And yes, it was overfilled. I suppose I'm lucky that the family that donated it to me got tired with it as soon as they did! Anyway, the gearbox has been taken care of...all smooth now. Another problem has cropped up. While cleaning the engine, some of the linkage from governer and underneath the throttle plate fell apart?!!? Does anyone have some detailed pics of the governer arm to carb throttle shaft linkage? The Toro master parts viewer does not show how they fit or link-up. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here