Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LawnBoy

Posted by yardtractor1 10 (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 14 at 17:10

Anyone know who manufactured the engines for the older Lawnboy?
It's about 30 years old. Silver series. 4.75 hp two stroke. I cant find a manufacturer's plate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LawnBoy

Lawn Boy manufactured their own 2 cycle engines from 1955
until Toro bought them out in the late eighties.

o

Are the cylinder fins round or square? Does it have head bolts (removable head)? Round fins would be the 'F' engine. Square fins with one-piece jug is the 'V' engine. Both have iron sleeve and roller bearings.

o

Outboard Marine Corporation, Or better known as OMC.

o

A '30 yr old' Silver Series is not an 'older' Lawn-Boy made by OMC (Ole Evinrude). It is a late Lawn-Boy with a Lawn-Boy engine, either prior to or after the purchase by Toro. Either an 'F' or a 'V'.

o

Thanks all. It's a relative's mower, so I'll take a closer look at it next time I visit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here