Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leo_in_md

Need great mower for mulching and slopes

leo_in_md
13 years ago

I have a Lawn-Boy Silver Series 10328 which I had since 1998 and it's been acting weird lately. It dies whenever I'm cutting on a slope (about 45 deg slope), and would be really really hard to restart it. Yes, gas tank was full, spark plug's new, etc. In fact, it was just serviced at a mower shop. I took it back to the shop. The guy at the shop couldn't find anything wrong with it and it ran fine at his place. Brought it home, it died again. This happened 3 times. For some reason it liked the mower shop guy, and didn't like me. haha...

Anyway, I figure, it's time to buy a new one. Any recommendation for a self propelled mower that's good for mulching and easy or lightweight for slopes? My current one is actually 87 lbs. and is a rear-drive self-propelled.

I've been looking at the Toro 20332, but some reviews said that it's difficult to do slopes with the Personal Pace self-propel. I saw a Honda at sams club, Black Max, the price was $299, not sure if it's a good mower despite the Honda brand.

Any recommendation?

Thanks,

Leo