Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Craftsman mower grass bag

Posted by olddaddy zone 9 Florida (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 19:56

I have a very old, but really good condition Craftsman Eager 1 22" self-propelled mower. It originally had a plastic grass catcher, but now has none. I need one and Sears charges $145 plus shipping. There must be a cheaper way to keep my old mower going. Does anyone know of another grass catcher that would fit, or where I could get one for this mower other than sears?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Craftsman mower grass bag

Really old isn't very helpful.
Post the numbers off the mower. It should be something like 917.xxxxx
I still don't think you'll have any luck, but you have to give us a chance.

o

I just checked out the replacement grass bag for my Craftsman lawn mower and it is $46.84. $145 sure does sound high. As the previous poster suggested, give us your model number.

o

I used to have one long ago with the "hard" plastic rear bagger. Assume your talking same thing. I would imagine they are more expensive that a fabric bag. I have occasionally seen these listed on ebay...good luck

o

I have at least one of the hard, grass catchers here, maybe 2!
I'd send one if the numbers are right, and if you'd pay for the shipping! No cost other than that. I think the mowers have gone to "The lawn in the sky"!
Rustyj14

o

I am also looking for a grass catcher for my old Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (4.0HP, 22in) model#917 372285.

Does Rustyj14 in the last post still have an extra one that he is willing to part with? Thanks for any other leads.

o

The grass bag for model # 917.372285 is available at Sears Parts for $51.90 plus shipping. In the diagram it appears to be a grass bag.

o
Sears Parts grass bag

Correction: Of course it is a grass bag; I meant to say it appears to be a fabric bag.

o

I have a similar problem ... the grass-catcher bag for my Craftsman Eager 1 mower (model #917376290) is so worn out that it is dangerous to use (not to mention the annoyance of getting a facefull of clippings from time to time) ... the bag itself is a Lift-Top 2.4 bushel Dust-Less model ... any idea where I can get a replacement bag (the mower runs great, just need a new bag)?

o

The 917.376290 bag is available at Sears Parts for $72.71. If you need the metal frame also, it comes in 2 pieces; one section is 21.22, and the other is 9.88.

o

There are three Plastic Craftsman grass catchers listed for sale in Little Falls NJ on the North Jersey Craigslist- go to craigslist for New Jersey and pick out North Jersey the posting is on September 18th in the Farm & Garden catagory. The seller wants $10.00 each for the Grass catchers. He has pictures of them on craigslist. Good Luck!

o

I have a new Sears Craftsmen Grass Catcher Replacement Bag still in it's original packaging and never opened, new /old stock. Part number 80468. Printing on the bag itself says "Sears Craftsmen Cut N Catch 80468". $60. plus shipping if anyone is interested. Greg Miller 386-523-6615

o

• Posted by hmc (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 13:48

I am also in need of a replacement grass bag and frame for model#917377061. Sears parts direct sells them for $45 & $30 plus $14 shipping. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy these items or a replacemnt for the Sears part?

o

I just acquired aEager1, hibachi 4.0 20 inch, I need a bag with the supports.anyone know where I can get a bag?

o

Typo in above message, Eager 1 , hivac, 4.0

o

My suggestion is to put a WTB ad on Craigslist. I hit the jackpot and got a free bag for my MTD push mower.

Also might want to check at local small engine fix-it shops (won't be free, but will probably be fair price).

o

I am also looking for an Eager-1 Serial # 08141060234 lawn mower bag. The Model number of this one is 131.907741. Sears no longer sells them for this mower, does anyone know who might carry a bag that would fit? Fabric would be fine but original was probably plastic. Thanks to anyone that can give me some assistance with this.

This post was edited by stinger8 on Sat, May 25, 13 at 13:18

o

You are not going anywhere without the Sears model number. Serial number doesn't help. If you're serious, see Bill Kapaun's post at the top and list the 917.XXXXXX number.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here